Economic Development Commission
Agendas & Minutes
Minutes are available following approval.
- Elisabeth Caplan (Chairperson)
- Daniel Armin
- Barbara Altieri
- Vice Chair Melissa Pantaleo
- Scott Small
- Peter Stadolnik
- Jeff Hanrahan (Alternate)
About the Commission
"The North Branford Economic Development Commissions strives to provide a climate for business to start, operate and grow while always keeping in mind the character of the town by working through programs, advising on policies and partnering with other agencies to promote business expansion, retention and attractions."
The Economic Development Commission consists of 5 members appointed by the Town Council for a 5-year term. The Economic Development Commission's purpose is to provide policy advice on the promotion and development of the business and industrial resources of the Town.
Current members are: Chairperson Elisabeth Caplan, Daniel Armin, Kim Dawson, January Finch, Melissa Pantaleo, Scott Small and Joan Tutor.
Commission Goals & Plans
- Strive to get all economic development actors to share a consistent vision and common plan for economic development in North Branford. Action steps include:
- Host a workshop meeting with the Town Council and the Planning and Zoning commission to receive a presentation from the Regional Growth Partnership on a joint economic development vision.
- Suggest revisions to land use regulations that are beneficial to new development and redevelopment.
- Receive updates on economic development issues and themes across the region and in the State of Connecticut.
- Through programs and staff, connect the needs of local businesses with local incentives, regional resources and State assistance. Action steps include:
- Make recommendations on incentive programs to the Town Council.
- Use the quarterly results of business visitations to retain local businesses or encourage their expansions.
- Identify barriers to new business development and recommend solutions.
- Increase the visibility of the Economic Development Commission and its activities. Action steps include:
- Implement web-based marketing program for the Town, its programs and the Commission's role.
- Provide input to other commissions that affect economic development.
- Host business appreciation events with the Chamber of Commerce.